Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
DTS Technical is looking for competent individuals, who have great work ethic and can endure several physical tasks throughout the workday. The job requires typical hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours. The position requires travel for short term out of town work assignments and/or training (provided to employees who want to advance in their careers) purposes.
- Locate utilities accurately as required
- Conduct research and/or analyze data regarding excavation locations, construction prints and plans to determine actual lines of requested utilities
- Operate various electronic devices including use of a receiver and transmitter designed to assist in locating and verifying of underground utilities including gas, phone and fiber optic cables
- Mark utility lines using spray paint or coloured flags
- Collect of field data operating electromagnetic induction locating equipment with all accessories
- Read project sheets and perform project safety site inspections
- Read, interpret and augment maps with notes
- Operate company vehicle and maintain inventory and safe storage of equipment
- Travel to other cities/areas, work in a variety of site settings and conditions
- Work evenings, weekends or out-of-town on occasion
- Take photos of locates and create digital locate sketches
- Adhere to company policies and all health and safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
- At least 1 year of continuous utility locate experience required
- ORCGA DPT trained a great asset
- Experience in construction, utilities (e.g., gas fitting or electrical background), landscaping, surveying, GIS, skilled trades, or civil engineering is a definite asset
- Be physically fit and able to sit for extended periods of time, walk for long distances, sit in a vehicle, lift up to 20 lbs with one hand
- Have a valid Ontario "G" class driver's license and a clean driver abstract
- Have strong computer literacy skills: Microsoft Office, UtiLocate, MultiViewer
- Strong communication skills, organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience dealing directly with customers
- Criminal Record Check Required
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to work on job sites outside for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Ability to distinguish colors for marked utilities
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to quality
- Team Player
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.