Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
As part of our continued growth we are looking for a dedicated and self-motivated licensed 310T Truck & Coach Technician. The successful candidate will ensure our vehicles and equipment are maintained in good and working conditions at all times. This is a permanent, full-time job and is based out of our Whitby Office in Ontario. Duties will include but not restricted to full service on everything from cars, pickups, 3 to 5 ton trucks & various pieces of equipment from directional drills, mini excavators, hydro-vac trucks and many other types of vocational units.
- Help Maintain overall DTS fleet system/program: keeping accurate paper & electronic files on each Company vehicle, trailer and other related equipment, details of repairs and services
- Plan and monitor preventative maintenance and repair services for all Company vehicles and equipment utilizing the company software to track all repairs or damage along with cost.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Perform/conduct regular vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Assist with all CVOR paperwork and records and track electronic records
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment in the fleet are properly maintained, registered, licensed, and tested
- Order parts as required, track inventory with software when completing work orders.
- Travel to worksites if required to perform repairs with company supplied truck.
- Run and maintain the company service area in a clean and safe manner
- Document and report any vehicle and/or equipment damage thought to be due to negligence
- Create necessary vehicle and equipment reports for management
- Other duties as assigned by the management to support the safe and efficient operation of the DTS fleet
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Possession of a valid 310T Truck and Coach Technician license preferred
- 5+ years of solid experience as a licensed mechanic:
o Experience with maintenance, inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, suspension, and brakes
o Sound knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting along with preventive maintenance, diagnosis, and repair
- Must possess valid G driver license and clean driver’s abstract, D or AZ an Asset
- Sound knowledge of diesel engines and mechanical troubleshooting along with preventative maintenance, diagnose and repair
- Ability to work on all makes and models
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask
- Dependable, self-motivated, committed team player
- Must have own tools and CSA approved safety boots
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to quality
- Decision Making
- Team Player
- Mechanically inclined
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.