Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
DTS Technical is looking for experienced OSP Inspectors to conduct on-site auditing of all Outside Plant (OSP) facilities in OSP construction environment. The ideal candidates must be knowledgeable in all OSP construction techniques, fibre optics, splicing and substructure.
• Full-time position with work hours ranging 35-40+ hrs./week
• Company vehicle, laptop and cell phone to perform duties
• Group Benefits (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D)
• Tuition reimbursement for career advancement
• Safety PPE supplied
• Oversees, inspects, and monitors sub-contracted OSP work, which includes excavations, boring (earth), placement of hand-holes, vaults, pedestals, cabinets and fiber cable installation, associated grounding
• Monitors restoration of work areas per provided standards
• Determines and ensures that sub-contractors comply with project or inspections specifications
• Identifies and reports work that does not meet the quality requirements
• Advises sub-contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations
• Collaborates with the construction field staff, managers and other departments, to determine approaches & methods to improve the overall quality of work being done
• Holds, organizes, concludes on-site meetings and inspections in OSP environment
• Applies vast knowledge of OSP construction methods, practices, and Health & Safety rules and guidelines, MTO Book 7 requirements
• Maintains project notes and completes all associated documentation, which include daily reports, etc.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
• A minimum of 7-10 years of telecommunications industry construction field experience with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e., fiber technician, inspector) is required
• Previous experience performing inspection services for any major telecommunication provider is an asset
• Knowledgeable in outside plant construction, construction designs interpretation, municipal permits, fiber optic network construction, line, splicing and substructure
• Capable of communicating and working with multiple sub-contractors (i.e., communicating with sub-contractors where they are at in the project, timeline, plan inspection in coordination with them and DTS/Client Personnel etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to validate as-built, project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion/ approval requirements are met
• Experience in validation that invoiced unit quantities align with OSP activities in the field
• Able to processes written reports, QA audits, and other administrative duties
• Working knowledge of Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications is an asset
• Ability to perform “locate services” utilizing provided company equipment
• Expert in established safety practices and guidelines
• Able to adhere to established company regulations and procedures for the security of company property
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision while achieving daily objectives
• Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent Communication
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Commitment to quality
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.