Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
We are seeking an experienced, skilled, organized, and an adaptable Locates Coordinator to ensure our day-to-day activities pertaining to the completion of complex Outside Plant construction projects from inception through completion. The incumbent will work alongside project manager and construction managers to plan, organize, map out and request a locate for telecommunication construction projects. The incumbent will be based out of our Whitby office, Ontario and reporting to the Operations Manager, Turnkey Operations.
- Work with construction and project management teams to review jobs and coordinate and requests locates
- Liaise and coordinate with utility companies for locate requests
- Monitor ongoing projects and work with the project management teams to determine when the best time would be to relocate a project
- Work with sense of urgency demonstrating the ability to shift priorities to accomplish objectives
- Quality Checks; ensure requested area was accurately locates
- Screen requests to identify issues and establish priorities
- Compile, manage, and also distribute all required documentation to appropriate contacts
- Correspond with approving parties to ensure timelines are met
- Communicate status of tickets, permits and consents and escalate as needed under approval of the Project Manager
- Track, and update daily/weekly/monthly reports regarding locates and ROPs so information is available to all required stakeholders
- Complete data entry into all required systems with accuracy
- Assist other coordinators and staff members in the office to achieve organizational goals
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly project meetings and weekly management meetings
- Present DTS Technical Inc. in a professional manner
- Occasional travel to various offices within GTA
- Perform other duties as assigned
The above-mentioned job description and duties are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
- 2-3 years in relevant experience in utility locates, or obtaining and coordinating data
- Diploma from a recognized program/post-secondary institution in Administration or other related discipline is an asset
- 2-3 year of experience in customer service
- Team player, with ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Capability to analyze data and obtain meaningful insights from the analyzed data
- Experience in Telecommunications Locates projects is preferred
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
- Strong work ethic, dedicated, and self-disciplined
- Able to work productively without direct supervision
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors own quality of work
- Must possess valid G license
- Reliable vehicle required
- Travel Requirements <25%
- Customer Focused
- Commitment to quality
- Organized & Punctual
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Team Player
- Group benefits package is provided after three months of full-time employment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.