Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
In accordance with DTS procedures and policies, the employee is responsible for the installation and implementation of newly deployed equipment, communication and power cables. In addition, the incumbent must be able to obtain and understand information for these scheduled changes from documentation, floor plans, cable run diagrams and cabinet elevation drawings.
- Installation of data centre equipment, including unpacking, rack mounting of equipment in the Richmond Hill and Scarborough area
- Rack/cabinet installation, removal, prepping of rack/cabinet to accommodate new equipment/cable
- Installation, including placement, connector install and connectivity testing of RG59 Coax, Cat5 and Cat6
- Installation, connection to devices and testing of telecom fibre
- DC power cable, lug and panel installation
- Fibre raceways, cable ladder, and conduit pipe, support and unit installations
- Meeting with clients to discuss project scope and strategies
- Conduct field surveys/attend site meetings
- Input project as-built information
- Occasional maintenance window cutover shifts for service and power (00:00 to 08:30)
The above-mentioned job description and duties are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position.
- Degree/Post-secondary training program in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering an asset
- Knowledge of data centres, equipment, architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power, power distribution, power protection
- Understanding of network cables (fibre and copper) and connectivity experience
- Ability to interpret technical material and plans
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
- Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors own
quality of work
- Must possess valid G license and clean driver’s abstract
- Reliable vehicle required
- Travel Requirements >80%
- Group benefits package is provided after three months of full-time employment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.