Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
The Hydrovac Operator is responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation processes. The incumbent operates Hydrovac and other machines used in construction to excavate, load, dig or break rocks or debris, dirt, or other materials. The Hydrovac Operator acts as crew lead, responsible for the completion of projects in a safe and timely manner.
- Safely perform hydro vac excavation on job sites
- Read locates, as well as identify locate “mistakes/errors” in the field via locate pits
- Physical labor demands and long hours
- Ability to lift 50+ Lbs
- Strong knowledge of road safety and parking at work locations
- Weight management, knowledge of dumping locations
- Complete Driver’s logbook & daily vehicle inspection (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, accident or incident reports
- Other duties as required
- Adhere to company policies
- Adhere to all Health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience in Telecom Outside Plant is required
- Operation of a Hydro Vac Truck for minimum 2 years preferred
- Ability to work outdoors and perform manual labour in all weather conditions
- Valid DZ/AZ Drivers License with clean abstract with clean CVOR is required
- Ability to use and lift heavy equipment
- High School or Equivalent (Required)
- Customer Focus
- Commitment to quality
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Team Player
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.