Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
As we work as a nation to combat the COVID-19, construction (For Telecommunication) industry is listed as a part of Canada’s “Essential Business”. Therefore, DTS Technical Inc. would have its continuous operations during the ongoing pandemic.
DTS Technical Inc. is one of North America’s premier engineering and implementation firms serving the telecommunications industry. We offer comprehensive benefit and competitive salary packages.
In accordance with DTS procedures and policies, the employee will be responsible for the splicing, testing and troubleshooting of newly installed and existing fibre infrastructure. In addition, the incumbent must be able to understand and decipher fibre splice packages for both internal and external projects.
- Familiar with multiple brands of splice enclosures.
- Prepping new fibre cables of different sizes.
- Splicing new and existing fibre infrastructure both single and ribbon applications.
- Perform cable mid-spans on active fibre cables.
- Access aerial fibre locations.
- Locating fibre faults.
- Able to use OTDR for testing and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of external fibre projects.
- Conduct field surveys and fibre audits.
- Input project as-built information.
- Occasional maintenance window cutover shifts for service and maintenance (00:00 to 08:30)
- Perform other duties as requested
• Fibre Optic technician certificate or equivalent experience.
• Telecommunications Program.
- Knowledge of fibre and all related tools used in the field.
- Experience with fusion splicers and testing equipment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project
- Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors
own quality of work
- Must have valid G license and own vehicle, as site work is required in and around the GTA
- Knowledge of Rogers Cable fibre Network.
- Knowledge of Rogers Remedy Web for completing NCT’s is an asset.
- Coordinating and leadership skills is an asset.
- Confined space training.
- Working at heights training.
- First Aid.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ribbon cable and ribbon splicing.
- Knowledge of fibre termination panels.
- Installing Fibre connectors.
- Customer Focus
- Commitment to quality
- Organizational skills
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Team Player
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.