Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is a method of installing underground pipelines, cables and service conduit through trenchless methods. It involves the use of a directional drilling machine, and associated attachments, to accurately drill along the chosen bore path and back ream the required pipe.
- Load and unload directional drill equipment in a manner that is secure and damage free
- Transport associated tools, materials and/or equipment in a safe manner
- Complete Driver’s logbook & daily vehicle inspection (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, accident or incident reports
- Complete a daily inspection on equipment prior to commencing work
- Prepare the drill fluid based on site conditions prior to boring commencing
- In conjunction with locator, operate the directional drill using the selected bore heads and back reamers to place cables and / or duct
- Trouble shoot any equipment issues and relay to service technician for assistance or resolution
- Able to operate the drill locater as required
- Other duties as required
- Adhere to company policies
- Adhere to all Health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience in Telecom Outside Plant is an asset
- Ability to work outdoors and perform manual labour in all weather conditions
- Valid AZ Drivers License preferred, DZ license is an asset with clean abstract and CVOR required
- Ability to operate horizontal directional drill and/or locator, 3 years experience preferred
- Ability to operate equipment around live utilities
- High School or Equivalent (Required)
- Ability to lift 50+lbs
- Customer Focus
- Commitment to quality
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Team Player
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.