Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
DTS Technical is looking for a competent individual, who has a great work ethic and can endure several physical tasks throughout the workday. The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours. Travel for short term out of town work assignments and/or training is to be expected. Training will be provided for people with a desire to succeed.
- Experience digging holes and trenches
- Read locates, as well as identify locate “mistakes/errors” in the field
- Installations of GLB’s, conduit, micro conduit etc.
- Effectively plan/allocate resources on a job site – planning/supervising vac operations, planning/supervising drilling operations
- Plan/execute GLB installations, conduit tie ins and connections, coordinate the connection crews
- Operate a Mini Excavator, F550 dump, drive a cube van, tow a trailer, operate basic compaction tools, tow a compressor
- Concrete cutting, forming, pouring, finishing work, restorations
- Ability to lift 50+ Lbs
- Other duties as required
- Adhere to company policies
- Adhere to all Health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience in Telecom Outside Plant is an asset
- Ability to work outdoors and perform manual labour in all weather conditions
- Valid G Drivers License with clean abstract, DZ/AZ License is an asset
- Use various hand tools, such as sledgehammers, trenching shovels, concrete saws and pickaxes
- Ability to operate equipment around live utilities
- Horizontal Directional Drilling knowledge is an asset
- High School or Equivalent (Required)
- Customer Focus
- Commitment to quality
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Team Player
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.