Are you looking for an exciting, dynamic and challenging career in a high-tech industry?
A career at DTS will deliver. We also offer competitive wages and a comprehensive Benefits Plan.
Buried Service Wire and/or drop cables jobs focus on taking steps to install and maintain cables and fiber optic connections underground. As a drop bury technician, you install cable in the ground or access it for repair jobs. A technician or drop bury crew member assesses the wire and may replace it if necessary. You may operate various pieces of digging equipment depending on the scope of the project. The duties of a crew foreman or quality control inspector involve overseeing drop bury projects, ensuring that they meet quality standards, and ensuring that the crew follows safety procedures.
- Install new services for subscribers by installing buried fiber optic drop wires from the network interface (GLB/Ped) to customer premises (Demarcation)
- Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing and As Builts
- Complete full restorations as required
- Adhere to company policies
- Adhere to all Health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience in Telecom Outside Plant is an asset
- Ability to work outdoors and perform manual labour in all weather conditions
- Ability to read and interpret utility work plans and locate packages
- Valid G Drivers License with clean abstract
- Great customer service, communication skills
- Use various hand tools, such as sledgehammers, trenching shovels, concrete saws and pickaxes
- Experience using a plow trencher is an asset
- High School or Equivalent (Required)
- Must possess valid G license
- Customer Focus
- Commitment to quality
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Team Player
Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.